The Sussex Coast Schools Amazing Book Awards (ABA), the “fastest growing Young Adult Book Awards in the UK,” announced its long list, including the following titles of genre interest.
- The Hawkweed Prophecy, Irena Brignull (Weinstein)
- Ink, Alice Broadway (Scholastic UK/Scholastic)
- Ariadnis, Josh Martin (Quercus)
- Railhead, Philip Reeve (Oxford University Press/Switch)
- Re-Made, Alex Scarrow (Macmillan UK)
- Saint Death, Marcus Sedgwick (Roaring Brook/Orion UK)
- Contagion, Teri Terry (Orchard)
ABA organizers create the long list “with the help of the publishers and nominations from participating school librarians,” and student votes determine the shortlists and the winners. Shortlist voting is open until January 30, 2018. The shortlist will be announced February 1, 2018, and the winning titles will be celebrated at an awards presentation night in June.
For more information, see the official ABA site.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.