The nominations for the 2018 International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award longlist have been announced, and include several works and authors of genre interest.
- The Power, Naomi Alderman (Little, Brown)
- Moonglow, Michael Chabon (Harper)
- The Wonder, Emma Donogue (Little, Brown)
- LaRose, Louise Erdrich (Harper)
- The Regional Office Is Under Attack!, Manuel Gonzales (Riverhead)
- Faithful, Alice Hoffman (Simon & Schuster)
- Human Acts, Han Kang (Hogarth)
- Scythe, Neal Shusterman (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers)
- The Core of the Sun, Johanna Sinisalo (Black Cat)
- Vigil, Angela Slatter (Jo Fletcher Books)
- The Underground Railroad, Colson Whitehead (Doubleday)
- The Lost Time Accidents, John Wray (Farrar, Straus & Giroux)
A total of 150 titles were nominated by libraries in 110 cities and 37 countries worldwide. The shortlist will be announced in April 2018, and the €100,000 prize winner will be announced June 13, 2018. The shortlist and winner are chosen by the 2018 judging panel.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.