The 2017 Philip K. Dick Award winner was announced Friday, April 14, 2017 at Norwescon 40 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport, SeaTac WA:
- The Mercy Journals, Claudia Casper (Arsenal Pulp)
- Consider, Kristy Acevedo (Jolly Fish)
- Hwarhath Stories: Transgressive Tales by Aliens, Eleanor Arnason (Aqueduct)
- Unpronounceable, Susan diRende (Aqueduct)
- Graft, Matt Hill (Angry Robot)
- Super Extra Grande, Yoss (Restless)
Special citation was given to Unpronounceable by Susan diRende (Aqueduct). This year’s judges were Michael Armstrong, Brenda Clough, Meg Elison, Lee Konstantinou, and Ben Winters.
The award is presented annually to a distinguished work of science fiction originally published in paperback form in the United States. The award is sponsored by the Philip K. Dick Trust and the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society, and the award ceremony is sponsored by the Northwest Science Fiction Society.
For more, see www.philipkdickaward.org