- Ancillary Justice, Anne Leckie (Orbit)
The other nominees were:
- God’s War, Kameron Hurley (Del Rey UK)
- The Disestablishment of Paradise, Phillip Mann (Gollancz)
- Nexus, Ramez Naam (Angry Robot)
- The Adjacent, Christopher Priest (Gollancz)
- The Machine, James Smythe (Blue Door)
This year’s judges were Duncan Lawie and Ian Whates for the British Science Fiction Association, Sarah Brown and Lesley Hall for the Science Fiction Foundation, and Georgie Knight for SCI-FI-LONDON. Andrew M. Butler was chair of judges. Tom Hunter is awards director. Leckie received a £2014 prize and a commemorative engraved bookend.