The six titles on the 2014 Arthur C. Clarke Award shortlist have been announced:
- God’s War, Kameron Hurley (Del Rey UK)
- Ancillary Justice, Anne Leckie (Orbit)
- The Disestablishment of Paradise, Phillip Mann (Gollancz)
- Nexus, Ramez Naam (Angry Robot)
- The Adjacent, Christopher Priest (Gollancz)
- The Machine, James Smythe (Blue Door)
This year’s judges are Duncan Lawie and Ian Whates for the British Science Fiction Association, Sarah Brown and Lesley Hall for the Science Fiction Foundation, and Georgie Knight for SCI-FI-LONDON. Andrew M. Butler is chair of judges. Tom Hunter is awards director.
The winner will receive a £2014 prize and a commemorative engraved bookend. The winning title will be announced May 1, 2014, at the Royal Society in London.