The six titles on the 2011 Arthur C. Clarke Award shortlist have been announced:
- Hull Zero Three, Greg Bear (Gollancz)
- The End Specialist, Drew Magary (Harper Voyager)
- Embassytown, China Miéville (Macmillan)
- The Testament of Jessie Lamb, Jane Rogers (Sandstone Press)
- Rule 34, Charles Stross (Orbit)
- The Waters Rising, Sheri S. Tepper (Gollancz)
This year’s judges are Juliet E. McKenna and Martin Lewis for the Britih Science Fiction Association, Phil Nanson and Nikkianne Moody for the Science Fiction Foundation, and Rob Grant for SF-FI-LONDON. Andrew M. Butler is chair of judges. Tom Hunter is award director.
The winner will receive a £2012 prize and a commemorative engraved bookend. The winning title will be announced at the SCI-FI-LONDON Film Festival, May 2, 2012, in London.