August 2007 issue of Locus Magazine features:
- A celebration of Robert A. Heinlein's Centennial, with appreciations by Connie Willis, Joe Haldeman, Spider Robinson, Larry Niven, and many others, plus a roundtable discussion of Heinlein with John Clute, Gary K. Wolfe, Graham Sleight, Charles N. Brown, and Amelia Beamer.
- An interview with writer John Scalzi
- News coverage of this year's Locus Awards and Science Fiction Hall of Fame Induction.
- People & Publishing news about Gardner Dozois, John Scalzi, Allen Steele, Michael Chabon, Terry Brooks, and many others
- Obituaries of Fred Saberhagen, Sterling E. Lanier, Roger Elwood, and others.
- Bibliographic listings of the month's New Books and Magazines published in the US and UK
- Lots of reviews, including
...among many others
- Gary K. Wolfe on Gardner Dozois' Year's Best SF anthology;
- Faren Miller on Daniel Abraham and Jacqueline Carey;
- Russell Letson on Joe Haldeman and Allen Steele;
- Nick Gevers on Paul McAuley and Robert Charles Wilson;
- Carolyn Cushman on Mike Carey and Sherwood Smith;
- Graham Sleight's "Yesterday's Tomorrows" column on Robert A. Heinlein;
Cover Design: Arnie Fenner