Hugo and Campbell Awards Winners
Winners of the 2006 Hugo Awards and the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer were announced at a ceremony this evening at L.A. Con IV, the 64th World Science Fiction Convention in Anaheim, California.
- Spin, Robert Charles Wilson (Tor)
- "Inside Job", Connie Willis (Asimov's Jan 2005)
- "Two Hearts", Peter S. Beagle (F&SF Oct/Nov 2005)
- SHORT STORY
- "Tk'tk'tk", David D. Levine (Asimov's Mar 2005)
- RELATED BOOK
- Storyteller: Writing Lessons and More from 27 Years of the Clarion Writers' Workshop, Kate Wilhelm (Small Beer Press)
- DRAMATIC PRESENTATION: LONG FORM
- Serenity (Universal Pictures/Mutant Enemy, Inc.; Written & Directed by Joss Whedon)
- DRAMATIC PRESENTATION: SHORT FORM
- Doctor Who: "The Empty Child" & "The Doctor Dances" (BBC Wales/BBC1; Directed by James Hawes; Written by Steven Moffat)
- PROFESSIONAL EDITOR
- David G. Hartwell
- PROFESSIONAL ARTIST
- Donato Giancola
- Locus, Charles N. Brown, Kirsten Gong-Wong & Liza Groen Trombi, eds.
- Plokta, Alison Scott, Steve Davies & Mike Scott, eds.
- FAN WRITER
- Dave Langford
- FAN ARTIST
- Frank Wu
John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer [Not a Hugo]
- John Scalzi
In addition to the awards listed above, Special Committee Awards were presented to Betty Ballantine and to Harlan Ellison. The Big Heart Award was presented to Forrest J Ackerman, and will heretofore be renamed the Forrest J Ackerman Big Heart Award. The First Fandom Hall of Fame Award was given to Joe Hensley. Takayuki Tatsumi presented the previously announced winners of the Japanese Seiun Awards, Greg Egan's novel Diaspora and Ken MacLeod's story "The Human Front".