2000 Clarke Award Nominations
The shortlist for the 2000 Arthur C. Clarke Award for the year's best SF novel published in Great Britain has been announced.
The judges this year are Claire Brialey and Gary Dalkin for the BSFA, Caroline Mullan and Kim Newman for the SF Foundation, and Doug Millard for the Science Museum. The administrator and chairman of the judges is Paul Kincaid. The award, an engraved bookend and £1,000, will be presented at a ceremony at the Science Museum in London on May 17, 2000.
- Manifold 1: Time, Stephen Baxter (Voyager)
- The Bones of Time, Kathleen Ann Goonan (Voyager)
- Silver Screen, Justina Robson (Macmillan)
- Cryptonomicon, Neal Stephenson (Heinemann)
- Distraction, Bruce Sterling (Millennium)
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge (Millennium)
(Mon 14 Feb 2000)