This is the About Locus page
P.O. Box 13305, Oakland CA 94661
About the staff and contributors
Quotes about Locus
Letters to the website
About this site
Take the Locus quiz
Locus is the leading news magazine of the science fiction field. It has been published since 1968, and has won the Hugo Award 19 times. The publisher and
editor-in-chief is Charles N. Brown.
Locus brings you comprehensive coverage of the science fiction field, including:
- Up-to-date news about awards, publishing changes, obituaries, monthly bestsellers.
- Advance reviews of novels and short fiction, by reviewers Gary K. Wolfe,
Faren Miller, Edward Bryant, Russell Letson, Carolyn Cushman, and Mark R. Kelly, to help you decide what to spend your $$$ on.
- Interviews with well-known and up-and-coming authors.
- Complete lists of all sf, fantasy, and horror books and magazines published in the US and Britain.
- Dozens of photos of authors, book covers, etc.
- Our famous People & Publishing column, with personal and professional news items about writers and editors, including who sold what book to whom--sometimes before even they know it.
Every two months:
- A complete list of upcoming conventions.
- Coverage of major conventions and conferences, such as the Worldcon and World Fantasy Con, with lots of photos.
Every three months:
- Forthcoming books -- an advance schedule of English-language books for the next 9 months.
- SF around the globe -- reports from many countries, including lists of other-language publications.
- Extensive year-in-review coverage, with a summary of books, magazines, and cinema, with charts and figures, and a comprehensive analysis of the field.
- The annual Locus Recommended Reading list.
- Results of the Locus poll and survey.